About Us

Welcome to the LLU Blog

The Language Learning Unit (LLU) is the most visible face of internationalisation at Keele University.
Language is inseparable from communication. Sadly, not many of us now learn a language in order to decipher ancient texts. In academic life it is all too easy to overlook how we can apply and practice what we learn outside the university. Academic success is clearly important, but by communicating to others what we have learned, not only in the classroom but through sharing our own experiences in “the real world”, we can also be the voice of internationalisation and even experience a sense of enjoyment in the process.

So, whether you are brushing up on your English for academic study, studying for a qualification to teach English, learning a modern foreign language or just interested in language and communication, we hope that this Blog will provide interesting posts and food for thought.


Thursday, 17 September 2015




As the 2015 Pre-sessional English course draws to a close, a student reflects upon their experience:

Totally, I had a really good experience in my Pre-sessional English course. Firstly, I got lots of useful information of academic rules which I really need to use in my main course. For example, some formal rules of essays and oral presentations. Secondly, I met lots of nice and friendly friends during my course. We always discuss about our homework and help each other, and we also spend the rest time together cooking and drinking. We also had some wonderful trips which I will never forget. The most important thing is that I met a really nice tutor. She is so nice and she always helped with every small detail. I still remember that my tutor checked my essay when we had already finished our class, which has impressed me so much.
I want to adopt the style of study in UK as soon as possible, because I want to study more easily in the future.

Thank you,
June


No comments:

Post a Comment